Located at 19 Main Street, the Ohio was the last movie theater to convert to sound. According to Mac McGregor, the Ohio played the Big Trai
l in 1931, its first talking picture. The Ohio closed its doors forever on January 23, 1937, unable to rebound from damage from the 1937 flood.
Before the building housed the Ohio Theater is was known as the Marble Hall. Notice that it underwent substantial alteration. Click for a larger version of the picture to the left